We were excited to get out backpacking & luckily the weather allowed. King's Peak tops out at 13, 534 feet and is a 32 mile adventure round trip in the Unita mountains (one of the only East to West ranges in the US). The fields were full of flowers, the views incredible, & fresh air & wilderness thrilling! We hiked ~8 miles to camp the first day, 16 miles round trip camp to summit the next, & headed out the last 8 on day 3. Some have done the whole bit in just ONE day...we definitely were glad to have the time we did. We enjoyed solitude a good portion of the time, until the troops of boy scouts joined us at the summit, near our camp, and many more people hiking in for the weekend as we left. I didn't really think about it until it was pointed out, but until we started hiking out I had only seen 2 other females amongst the ~100 males! Jeremy was SO excited to be done, the last mile was the fastest I saw him move the whole trip! Here's some of the sights for you to check out...
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Nice job!! Isn't it 13,528 feetat the top though?
You are correct. I'll have Jodi correct that. However an updated map states that the summit is 13,534 ft and was corrected in 2002.
Thanks Jeremy! BTW, I love all these pictures. Great shots of the moose and flowers:)
Well, if you jump high enough at the summit, Rina...
Nice work y'all. Looks like you've been bustin' out lots of peaks this month.
Pretty sure I did all the physicals on those pesky scouts the week before in Sandy.
Post a Comment